The SmartCord® safety cord thinks so you don’t have to. The SmartCord®
safety cord monitors and senses excessive heat in outlets and plugs created by
overloading, poor connections and improper use.
When excessive heat is detected an alarm is sounds and a
light is illuminated alerting the homeowner to a possible issue.
Heat Sensor Technology
The safety cord that
helps protect your home.
SmartCord™ safety cords feature
patented Heat Sensor Technology, a built-in sensor that measures heat building up at the plug or
outlets. In the event of heat build-up, SmartCord technology sets off an alarm and illuminates a warning light well before there’s enough heat to cause a spark. This allows you to pull the plug before the circuitry can cause a fire. Like a smoke alarm, the warning continues until the problem is corrected.
How something as simple as an
extension cord could have such a
profound effect on the rest of your life.
According to the Electrical Safety International Foundation, there are over 50,000 residential fires in the U.S. each year:
• Fires that take the lives of over 500 people each year
• Fires that cost upward of $1.3 billion in property damage
• Fires that displace families and disrupt lives for months
• Fires that kill pets
• Fires that destroy belongings, valuables and lifetime keepsakes
Statistics show that electrical issues are the third leading cause of household fires
• In 3,300 cases, the key culprit was an improperly used extension cord.
The fact is, in many cases, overloading or misusing an extension cord can cause a fire.
• With electrical device usage at an all-time high, how do you know if you’re overloading your extension cords?
• You could calculate device amperage and check the cord ratings …